CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Another Puppy Mill Bites the Dust not a moment too soon!


I'm a big weepy mess right now. I just learned via the Herald that a mini dog puppy mill in Tenn was busted and hundreds of pups and dogs rescued and given their own wing at the Broward County Humane Society. Thanks to the publicity, hundreds lined up to adopt these poor babies, many of whom had never walked on the ground before, relegated to life in a mesh cage, turning out litter after litter... A quote from the Herald story:
" Somehow the breeds of the rescued dogs made the negligence discovered on a rural farm in Lyles, Tenn., seem all the more unfathomable. Most were little guys. Yorkies, Boston terriers, miniature pinschers, poodles, Chihuahuas, Maltese, Shih Tzus, Pomeranians, Shar-Peis, Jack Russell terriers. The very dogs we're used to seeing coddled, anthropomorphized and spoiled like children."

As an owner of a Yorkie hybrid and a Min Pin, I am especially emo right now. Down with puppy mills! It reminds me that I never posted the link to the article I wrote about SPCA Miami's Charity Party at the Versace Mansion for MiamiBeach411.com. Here it is; Versace Article

1 comments:

Juls said...

awwww :)

ps i totally put a pic of nico in my post today.... weird!